Author Topic: How to Get More Visitors to Your Blog  (Read 1896 times)

bbasujon

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
  • I want to show my performance at any where
    • View Profile
    • Higher Education
How to Get More Visitors to Your Blog
« on: January 29, 2012, 07:36:27 AM »
How to get more traffic” – this is one  and the only one question that gets into the mind of every blogger. Some are lucky enough to drive huge visitors to their site whereas few don’t really get what they deserve to. Here are some of the tips and tricks that should be followed by every blogger to generate better traffic to his/her website.
Different Traffic Sources

Search Engine (This will be your main focus when you writing more a static article, like software reviews, tutorials etc)
    RSS Subscribers (This will be your main focus if you write articles that are meant for a particular period of time, say IndianAutosBlog, which has latest news about Cars in India.)
    Social Media
    Direct Links

Search Engine Traffic

When it comes to static articles, Search Engine are the major traffic generators over time. The traffic that you may get to a particular post through RSS or Feed subscribers may be high, but that limited for a certain time period, to the maximum for a week or so. But if you can get your post indexed in top pages in major Search Engines, trust me you will be getting visitors at any point of time.

For getting listed in the front pages of Search Engine, you must write the correct keywords,title and description. Don’t forget to use All in One SEO plugin, you would have taken an hour to write the entire article, but you just got to spent less than 2 minutes (filling the All-in-One SEO) to decide where will page be listed.At first I ignored this plugin, but now Im regretting for it, Anyway its never too late. Install the plugin and fill out all the details for each post with the right keyword.
seo How to Get More Visitors to Your Blog Part 1

First position in Google Search Engien

I corrected my mistake and made the required changes for each posts and It really worked, Some of my posts reached the top results of major search engines. Optimize your posts for anytime traffic rather a particular period traffic.
RSS Subscribers

This is another very important factor that must be considered for traffic. These RSS Subscribers are the loyal readers of all your articles. The world is huge, there are many readers out there, but the toughest part is that you must find the right audience for your blog. Consider each subscriber as a resource of unlimited money. A good blogger must not only find good articles to write but also must find the right audience for the blog. Not trying to get more RSS Subscribers is one of the mistake I did in my early days of blogging and now I’m glad that I found this trick.

#Info: Incase any of you are interested in finding out the number of RSS subscribers of anyone, do check out my software – Feed Counter. It is the first application developed in ByteChip, and its already listed in popular sites like SourceForge and Softpedia. Click here to find out more about Feed Counter
Social Media
Facebook:

Got a wider network of friends, well then Facebook is for you, What advantage does Facebook give a blogger? Well the answer is simple, A little traffic and a stronger relationship.

Use applications in Facebook, like Networked Blogs and RSS Graffiti to publish your feeds on your facebook page. Trust me atleast 40% of your friends will open the link , incase the article title is really catchy. Also start a Facebook Fan page and start inviting your friends to join your Fan page. I  called it “little traffic” because the visits that you can get through Search Engine and Stumble Upon can be very much higher than Facebook.
facebook How to Get More Visitors to Your Blog Part 1

ByteChip on Facebook Networked Blogs

But however you can form a better relationship with fellow bloggers and your readers. Incase you are just blogging without interacting with any of the fellow bloggers or your readers, note down that you are losing something bigtime. “Don’t just blog , interact and build relationship”
Twitter

Twitter is one of the most under estimated item in traffic generation. Many people call it a Spam Trash , but let me tell you , twitter can generate the best of the traffic, provided you know to use it the right way. Use a good twitter client to get things started, follow the right people and keep it clean. You will experience the real power of twitter in no time. But don’t spam Twitter, never use third party tools can follow large amount of people at same time. You will end up seeing your account suspended the very next day.
twitter How to Get More Visitors to Your Blog Part 1

Twitter Account

StumbleUpon

This is my favorite, StumbleUpon is the dynamic traffic generator amongst the social networking sites. Have a good number of subscribers list in StumbleUpon, because if an any of your subscribe likes your article, it may lead to a chain reaction. I’m lucky enough with StumbleUpon, I once got more than 11,000 visits to a particular article on SU. So don’t miss this , StumbleUpon may be unpredictable but the results are worth the time and wait.

stumbleupon How to Get More Visitors to Your Blog Part 1

Stumbleupon Traffic

End of part 1 – Check out for part 2 to find more information on other social networks and Direct link traffic.
Acquire the knowledge and share the knowledge so that knowing,learning then sharing - all are the collection