Author Topic: Best Microsoft Office Alternatives  (Read 1837 times)

bbasujon

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
  • I want to show my performance at any where
    • View Profile
    • Higher Education
Best Microsoft Office Alternatives
« on: January 29, 2012, 12:06:22 PM »
Having an Office Suite is a must these days, right from editing a text to creating presentation and database, we need a Office Suite. “Microsoft Office” is what comes into the minds of everyone when we talk about an office suite, but not everyone can afford to buy one as the latest Office suite costs more than xxx US Dollars.

Listed below are some of the popular free alternatives of Microsoft Office. The ranking is based on the popularity and the features set available in each office suite.

Rank 1: OpenOffice

Open Office is the most dominant office suite in Linux. Almost all the Linux distros have OpenOffice has their primary office suite. The advantage of this software is that it is also compatible with Windows. Packed with powerful tools like Word processor, Spreadsheet,Database,Presentation and lot more, OpenOffice is no way less than Microsoft Office. It also includes support for Microsoft Office files.

Rank 2: Google Docs

This is one of the most widely used web application. Everyone who is using GMAIL would have got a chance to use Google Docs. It includes Web Processor, Presentation and Spreadsheet. Another feature is that Google Docs is available in Mobile Version too. Google Docs is multi-lingual and supports almost all the formats.
google docs Best Microsoft Office Alternatives

Google Docs

Rank 3: Lotus Symphony

Lotus Symphony is from the one of the famous market leader – IBM. The package is completely free and includes the necessary features of an office suite. But not many are aware of this software. I would say the major reason why Lotus Symphony is not able to establish is because of it strong competitors such as Microsoft and OpenOffice.
Acquire the knowledge and share the knowledge so that knowing,learning then sharing - all are the collection