Author Topic: How to Install PDT in Eclipse  (Read 2205 times)

bbasujon

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
  • I want to show my performance at any where
    • View Profile
    • Higher Education
How to Install PDT in Eclipse
« on: February 05, 2012, 08:11:51 AM »
This tutorial is on how to install Eclipse PDT (PHP Development Tools) in Eclipse from the downloaded PDT archive. Although there is a automatic way of installing PDT using the Software Update, there might be cases where the user cannot use this feature, especially if you are in any proxy network with stupid restrictions on bandwidth.
Install PDT in Eclipse from Archive File

Incase if you already have Eclipse installed in your computer, skip to step 3.
    Download the Eclipse archive file and extract it to the OPT directory. (opt is my preference, you can extract to any location). The command “tar -xvf eclipse-jee-helios-SR2-linux-gtk.tar.gz -C /opt”.
    The online manuals of Eclipse PDT says that you have to extract the Eclipse PDT archive in the dropins folder of the parent Eclipse folder. However after several tries, I came to conclusion that it will never work that way.
    You need to extract the Eclipse PDT to the parent folder of Eclipse directly. This way all those extra plugins and modules present in the PDT will be copied to the parent Eclipse directory.
    Thats it, now you can simply run Eclipse and you can see PDT has been installed to your Eclipse.

Note: If you don’t see PHP options, simply browse the Software option in the Help in menu and enable the PDT. (This case its installed but not enabled by default)

Acquire the knowledge and share the knowledge so that knowing,learning then sharing - all are the collection