Author Topic: Questions about professional copywriting answered  (Read 2495 times)

bbasujon

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
  • I want to show my performance at any where
    • View Profile
    • Higher Education
Questions about professional copywriting answered
« on: January 16, 2012, 07:24:11 AM »
Q. How much do copywriters earn?

That depends on the copywriter. Most earn around $50,000 in their first year, and $100,000 plus thereafter. How much you earn depends on: the areas you're targeting (health and finance copywriters earn well), and how copy writing fits into your writing business (many novelists and magazine writers also write copy as a sideline, to keep cash coming into their writing business.)

Q. What does it take to become a copywriter?

You need to be willing to learn, and also to promote your copy writing services.

I've often said that if you can write an email message or letter and get a response, you can write copy. Copywriting doesn't require huge amounts of creativity, in fact "creative" copywriters can be a menace, wasting their clients' money by trying to be cute.

Q. How much do I charge for writing _________ [copy]?

That depends on you, and on the client's budget. When you're just starting out, you need copy writing credits and confidence, so you won't be charging as much as a pro who already has a stable of clients.

It also depends on your own business plan - how long it will take you to write a project... and whether you want to take on a particular project.

As you get clients, and write copy, you raise your rates.

Q. Can I moonlight as a copywriter?

Of course. In fact, that's the best way to start. You can write copy for clients before you go to work, and when you come home from your day job. When your copywriting income matches your day job's, you can go full time.

Most of your interaction with clients is via email, so there's nothing stopping you moonlighting. And no, you don't have to visit prospects - that's a huge time-waster, and rarely necessary. When it is, you charge your client at your full Day Rate, even for a one-hour meeting.

Q. How can I learn copy writing?

I provide you with two options, My "seven days" copy writing ebook and coaching package, and my Copy writing Master Class, which is conducted via email, over the course of ten weeks.
Acquire the knowledge and share the knowledge so that knowing,learning then sharing - all are the collection